- to make our website work properly;
- to save you having to login every time you visit the Account and Community areas of the site;
- to allow you to register and to buy and download resources;
- to provide anonymous statistics such as the number of visitors, popular pages and broken links, allowing us to continually improve the site.
You can read specific detail about all the cookies we use below.
More about our Cookies
- Temporary "session" cookies that make our site work (these are destroyed as soon as you leave our site and close your browser);
- A cookie that is set to remember your choice between the mobile and desktop versions of our website. You will only receive this cookie if you visit the mobile site and then select to view the full site;
- A cookie that allows you to login and determines if you are already logged in or not.
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Our site, in common with most modern websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. Currently we use YouTube (run by Google) for videos. We may also use Vimeo in the future. Google and Vimeo will set cookies when you access videos that they host.
Disabling these cookies will probably break the functions offered by these third parties.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
We use a service called StatCounter to collect anonymous statistics about how our site is used. StatCounter allows us, for example, to track the number of visits to our site, to see which pages are popular, to see if any links are broken and to see some of the search terms people use to find our site. None of the information collected allows us to personally identify you.
StatCounter sets a single cookie to allow differentiation between first time visitors and repeat visits.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. This is not recommended, because doing so will break some parts of this site and you will experience problems with other websites. Please remember that cookies are a standard part of all modern websites.